forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2925  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Feb 26, 2000  4:05 pm
Subject:  Re: Constructing Handshapes in SignWriter 4.3

SignWriting List
February 26, 2000

One last point about constructing handshapes....

1. Ask me if the handshape doesn't already exist...it may not be in
SignWriter 4.3, but that doesn't mean the shape hasn't been used
somewhere in the world, written by hand, so communicating with me is
a good idea.

2. Follow the rules for building new handshapes in SignWriting. If
you do not know them, don't worry - I can explain!

3. Inform me when you are using a new symbol a lot so I can
incorporate it into the new SignWriter 5.0 later.

Hope this has helped.

My next lesson will be on writing timing for songs, since Stuart
asked that question long ago -

However, I have Danish guests visiting this afternoon...so it will
have to wait until tomorrow...

Have a great day everyone!!