forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3014  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Tue Mar 7, 2000  8:23 pm
Subject:  Re: curved movement - forward and down

Hi Charles,

it´s fun to see how difficult it is and always has been before to discuss a
sign / movement -sequence in another language than SW.
If you could add a gif - it would be easier to discuss your point of view.

I´m not sure . Perhaps I misunderstood your description. What I´m looking
for is a forward down movement -arrow . Beginning position in DGS claws -
endpositon closed fists .

Charles wrote on

Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:31:11 -0500

>I misread the sign. My mistake. The closed fists are at the end of the
>arrows, which shows them closing. You could do this with the clawed hands
>at the start of the arrows, and simply a "close fist" (darkened circle) at
>the end, as the natural position of a claw hand to close is a fist.

I´m afraid that your writing (darkened circle with gap - indicating
parallel to the floor) wouldn´t be accepted as closed fist.

I think it has to be the dark square with the gap. The wolf catches the poor
animal and is going to kill it - very forcefully -

Thank you very much for your attention!

What do you think about spider Jim ??

Stefan ;-)

If I
>were writing it quickly, that's how I'd write it.

  Replies Author Date
3015 Re: curved movement - forward and down Valerie Sutton Tue  3/7/2000

  Message 3014  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index