forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3115  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Mar 16, 2000  3:46 am
Subject:  Re: (just a brief progress report, and a "PS-question-idea")

On 3/14/00, Susanne Bentele wrote:
>Hello Fernando,
I do not know how your dictionary is built, I imagine there are
>also explanations of what the Portugese words mean (like in the BSL-English
>Dictionary for example). Then it is a great help for learning Portugese -

----------------------------------

SignWriting List
March 15, 2000

Hi Susanne -
Here are some web pages about the Brazilian Sign Language Dictionary
project, including two pages of samples, showing how the dictionary
pages look:

SignWriting In Brazil Directory
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw139.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brazilian Sign Language Dictionary Project
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil00.html

Sample Pages From The Brazilian Dictionary
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil04.html
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil05.html

"Dicionario de lingua brasileira de sinais"
Instituto Nacional de Educacao de Surdos
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil02.html

"Dicionario de sinais sai este ano"
published in the Journal da USP...April 1999
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil08.html

"Para Ler e Sentir"
Journal of the Sao Paulo State Research Foundation
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil09.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These samples were posted before the decision to add English glosses,
so I do not know how the English glosses are placed on the
pages...but it is a beautiful dictionary, don't you think? ;-)

SignBankSite:
https://www.SignBank.org

SignWriting List Archives:
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

To manage your SW List email:

for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME

  Message 3115  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index