forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3125  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Joe Martin
Date:  Fri Mar 17, 2000  9:42 am
Subject:  more seriously,

Here is a GIF showing an English sentence

(1). THE HORSE IS BLUE

Under it is something else,
neither English nor ASL. We seem to agree that it is not language.

(4). HORSE BLUE

The same things are also given in signs, as (2) and (3) respectively.
Now we can make English glosses (4) into the proper sentence (1), and
tell how blue relates to the horse, by adding in grammatical function
words.

(3) gives ASL glosses for the same sentence, using SW.

Now, what do we need to write in, using SW, to make these ASL glosses
into a proper sentence in ASL?

Attachment
engloss.gif
Type: IMAGE/GIF

3132 Re: more seriously, Cecelia Smith Sat  3/18/2000
3134 Re: more seriously, Valerie Sutton Sat  3/18/2000

  Message 3125  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index