forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3253  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  12:50 pm
Subject:  Re: Wonderful features with Ghost!

At 10:04 PM -0600 4/20/00, Jerry Spillman wrote:

>So far I have only had time to experiment with one file, Pastor
>Dettloff's easter.sgn. Since we have it displayed on the web, I wanted
>to compare the resultant .pdf with the .gif images of the .sgn file that
>we are currently using. Somewhere along the line, I think in the SW4.3
>print to postscript process, the file is inverted to black on white,
>and the .pdf pages seem a lot smaller, without the separating lines
>between the rows. In this case, I think Pastor Dettloff has a point in
>that without the separating lines, it is easier to read columns. If one
>did not have to scroll up and down a page numerous times in the browser,
>that would be a better display to work with. I will try to display a
>comparison page using the .pdf instead of .gif images soon.

SignWriting List
April 21, 2000

Jerry - the Print Formats in SignWriter will give you an enormous
variety of experiences - that is why this is so wonderful, that
finally the PDF files are bringing the world of laser print-outs to
the screen.

You are used to white symbols on black, only because you were doing
screen work...but our Laser print formats always had black symbols on
white, and no separating lines between the SignWriting...but you just
hadn't seen that because you were not printing on laser printers.

So what matters here is that you try this with some of the other
formats. You have to set SignWriter up, in SignWriter, with the
Format and line spacing and page numbers etc you want before you make
the PDF file:

Printing Formats

To print a document:
1. Type Alt-S (Setup command).
2. Type P for Printing.
3. Type F for Format.
4. The six commonly-used formats are:
Format 1 - Type will be 24pt size, printed tall.
Format 2 - Type will be 18pt size, printed tall.
Format 3 - Type will be 18pt size, printed wide.
Format 4 - Type will be 10pt size (very small), printed tall.
Format 5 - Type will be 10pt size (very small), printed wide.
Format 6 - Type will be 32pt size (very large), printed wide.
5. If you wish Format 4, type 4. Press Return.

Printing Page Numbers
1. Type Alt-S (Setup command).
2. Type P for Printing.
3. Type N for Numbers.
4. Print page numbers? Type Y for yes.
5. This prompt will appear: Starting page number is 1. New number:
6. If you want the page numbers to begin with page 1, press Escape.
7. If you want the page numbers to begin with another number such as
45, then type 45. Press Return.

Then create your PDF....

  Message 3253  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index