forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3274  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Tue Apr 25, 2000  2:35 am
Subject:  Re: Publishing DanceWriting documents in PDF ;-)

Some people also break it PDF books up into chapters.

You can also play with the resolution and size of the graphics to reduce their
size. I do a monthy newsletter and it's 10 pages long and full of graphics.
I essentially gave up on PDF when my files became 4 megs. Reducing the
pictures helped some but not entirely. I ended up using an Envoy formatted
file that was half the size of the PDF files. But the Envoy files can only be
read on systems that have the same operating system as what the file was
created in. So far, no complaints but all it takes is one complaint from a
member with a mac and I'm back to exploring PDF. :-)

I did consider zipping the files but that sort of defeats the purpose of
clicking on the file and having the PDF plugin load and read the file.

Bill