forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3299  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 26, 2000  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: category

At 6:00 PM -0700 4/25/00, Joe Martin wrote:
>I just noticed this, and I wonder why the heck does e-groups
> have the SW list listed under
>
>Category: Top : Health : Conditions and Diseases : D : Deafness
>
>????
>
>Are we diseased?

SignWriting List
April 26, 2000

Dear Joe and Everyone -
Of course I noticed the silly categories chosen by the E-Groups
technicians too...it is awful and must be changed!

However, having said that...I think we should all realize that the
SignWriting List is NOT an E-Groups List...we are only using E-Groups
as our Archive system, but the List is going through Paul Cowley and
Humber College in Canada.

Therefore, when the E-Groups technicians decided to change the way
their web site works, they added those categories to our List, not
knowing anything about us, nor did they ask our opinion!

Therefore, Joe and others...I am asking you a favor...please help me...

Please write to the E-Groups technicians at this email address:

And tell them that our Archive is at this address:

SignWriting List Archives
https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l/

And then list your corrections and ask them to change the categories.
Or maybe there is a way we can change those categories ourselves on
their web site? Please take care of this for me...

One last thing...

They have the WRONG date for when the SignWriting List started
too...it did not start in August!

We started on May 11, 1998...please give them that correction too.

Many thanks everyone!