forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3301  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Apr 26, 2000  7:47 pm
Subject:  Re: TV Program Tonight on Nicaragua

At 2:49 PM -0600 4/26/00, Shepard-Kegl wrote:
>The class discussing an episode from Homer's Odyssey was using a text
>entirely in SW.
>
>Nicaraguan Sign Language has borrowed some signs from ASL, "thank you" being
>one of them. ASL borrowings have increased since the lifting of the US
>embargo and resumption of airline travel between the US and Nicaragua.
>
>-- James Shepard-Kegl

SignWriting List
April 26, 2000

The show was a real tribute to Judy, and well deserved. It was very
nicely done.

Next sequel they need to interview you, James! I missed seeing you...;-)

And the story of the founding of the two schools didn't quite get
told...it "sort-of" got told, indirectly. They mentioned the word
"Escuelita" but not "Escuelita de Bluefields", and I don't believe
they mentioned your second school in Condega?

Val ;-)

  Message 3301  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index