forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3332  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri May 5, 2000  5:56 pm
Subject:  Announcement About SignWriter

SignWriting List
May 5, 2000

Dear List Members:

The SignWriter Computer Program Package (the international version)
now supports 17 signed languages:

1. Belgium-Flemish
2. Belgium-French
3. Brazil
4. Denmark
5. France
6. Germany
7. Ireland
8. Italy
9. Mexico
10. Nicaragua
11. Norway
12. Portugal
13. Spain-Madrid
14. Switzerland-German
15. Sweden
16. UK
17. USA (also used in English-speaking Canada)

Ten spoken languages are available for screen commands in the
international version of SignWriter:

1. Danish
2. Dutch
3. English
4. French
5. German
6. Italian
7. Norwegian
8. Portuguese
9. Spanish
10. Swedish

Although 17 signed languages are "officially supported" in the
SignWriter International Package, other countries are using
SignWriter, such as Peru, South Africa, Colombia, and Malta.

If SignWriter users in those countries would like to have a version
of their own, write to me privately and we can work out the details.

Valerie Sutton

Meanwhile, SignWriter Shareware continues to be free to download from
our SignWriting Web Site (USA version only):

Download SignWriter Shareware
https://www.SignWriting.org/sw128.html

Also, if there are any registered users of SignWriter who would like
to have copies the new countries' message and key files, I will be
happy to send them to you through private email. A registered user is
a person who owns the SignWriter Notebook with the 7 floppy disks,
either through purchase or donations.

So you can see, I have been busy!

Welcome Flanders, to the SignWriter Computer Program!