forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3360  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon May 8, 2000  12:54 pm
Subject:  Rotation Symbols

SignWriting List
May 8, 2000

At 11:08 PM +0200 5/7/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
>I thought of a quarter -circle - rotation .movement counter.clockwise when
>I looked at sign # 1. I asked myself whether there is a different arrow for
>this quarter - circle. This arrow looks like 180° circular movement.

Answer:
Although the symbol may look like a complete 180 degree rotation, we
do not take it that literally. We are saying that the movement is
rotating "somewhere within that plane". If you use one eighth of that
rotation area, that is OK!

Here are some pages to visit regarding rotation symbols:

Question 0024: Rotation Front Wall Plane
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less011.html

Question 0027: Rotation Floor Plane
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less012.html

Question 0030: Rotation Side Wall Plane
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less013.html

Question 0031: Rotation Floor Plane
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less014.html

Question 0032: Rotation Floor Plane
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less014.html

Question 0033: Rotation Front Wall Plane
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less014.html

Question 0034: More on Rotations
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less015.html

Question 0043: Shaking & Rotation Symbols
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less018.html

Question 0050: Axial Movement & Wrist Rotation
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less026.html

Question 0059: Rotation Symbols
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less034.html

Question 0060: Rotation Symbols
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less035.html

For daily use, it is not necessary to become so detailed, showing
one-eighth of a rotation.

Technically we can write such details, but we would have to do the
"eighth of a rotation symbol" by hand.

In SignWriter 4.3 we do not have any other choices for typing other
than 4 arcs to a circle:

Attachment
less038.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 3360  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index