forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3369  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Mon May 8, 2000  9:08 pm
Subject:  Re: SW in Databases

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Stuart Thiessen wrote:

> Using Perl and Perl/Tk, you could come up with a program that could
> store the spoken language, meaning, etc. as text and SW as an image.

So you would have to store the "meaning" in a spoken language?

> The SGML option sounds intriguing to me. Its strength is in its
> built-in ability to communicate. My only question is with the ability
> to sort and organize the signs after they are in that format. But
> again, that may be possible and I just don't know about it.

It's fairly easy to read in a SGML file into a set of Perl arrays
and use Perl's sort() function.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Replies Author Date
3370 Re: SW in Databases Stuart Thiessen Mon  5/8/2000

  Message 3369  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index