forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3391  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 10, 2000  1:46 pm
Subject:  Re: Video Transcription Project

SignWriting List
May 10, 2000

Good Morning SW-L!

Back around March 24th, Ingvild Roald, from Norway, telephoned me to
ask if I could give feedback on the writing of some Norwegian signs.
Ingvild is working on their dictionary in Norwegian Sign Language. Of
course I said yes!

It is now May 10th.....hmmmmm...I guess it is time I answer the questions! ;-))

So for the next day or two, I will be answering Ingvild's questions
publicly to the SW List, so we all can benefit. There are around ten
questions. As you know, everytime I answer a technical question with
diagrams, it is not only archived on the SignWriting List Archive
(housed on e-groups ;-), but I also post it as SW E-Lessons on our
web site:

SIGNWRITING E-LESSONS DIRECTORY
https://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/less.html

So check the E-Lessons from time to time, to review previously-posted lessons.

Then comes the Video Transcription Project. I call it a "Project"
rather than a "Course", since it is clearly something that will
stretch over a long period of time, squeezed in, between other
people's questions.

So please forgive the wait!

Meanwhile, I started viewing the Japanese videotape this morning,
Mark, and I am really impressed with the professional video work you
are doing and I look forward to working with you all....

....now back to Norwegian Sign Language....I am working on the first
question and answer....