forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3402  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Wayne Smith
Date:  Thu May 11, 2000  4:33 pm
Subject:  Re: Questions Rotation Symbols

Valerie -
"less0065.gif" raises a question in my mind. In talking about
Norwegian "u", you show the handshape as being vertical (in that there
is no break at the fingers), yet you indicate that the arm is parallel
with the floor during the twisting movement (there is just one central
line as opposed to two and the twisting movements have double stems).
Isn't this a contradiction, or is this how one notates things that are
actually at a 45o angle?
Confused,
- Wayne

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> SignWriting List
> May 11, 2000
>
> Hello Everyone!
>
> I want to welcome several new members to the SignWriting List! Please
> feel free to write an introduction and tell us about yourselves - we
> look forward to meeting you!
>
> I have around 5 more questions to answer from Norway. Attached is
> Question 0065.
>
> Name: less0065.gif
> less0065.gif Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
> Encoding: base64

  Replies Author Date
3404 Re: Questions Rotation Symbols Valerie Sutton Thu  5/11/2000

  Message 3402  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index