forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3444  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 23, 2000  6:05 pm
Subject:  SignWritingSite is improving...

May 23, 2000

Dear SignWriting List!

Thanks for your patience. Recently I upgraded to System 9, on the
Macintosh, and also upgraded web browsers (both Netscape and Internet
Explorer), and in the process it became clear to me that I had to
re-organize our web sites so they download faster. The world of
technology keeps changing, and we have no choice but to change with
it.

So for the past two days I have been improving the organization of
our web site, and I just uploaded the new site. From the user's point
of view, it looks the same (I hope ;-)))

From the web designer's point of view, it is much easier to find
files. Since 1996, I have been the sole web designer of four sites.
Right now that is still true, but if someday other web designers
share the work, they will be able to figure out my logic much better
now. So this was an important re-modeling job for web design behind
the scenes.

If any of you experience any problems with the new sites, please
write to me personally as the feedback will be most helpful. They
are...

1. SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org

2. DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org

3. SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org

4. SoulSite
https://www.SoulSite.com

I am continually amazed at the newest Adobe software. The new
Photoshop 5.5 prepares GIFs automatically now for the web. If any of
you do web design...the differences between Photoshop 5.0 and 5.5 are
enormous, and well worth the upgrade.

And Adobe PageMill just changed over 1500 links for me in a matter of
minutes. The same job, done manually, would have taken at least a
week, to check every link to make sure there were no mistakes. What a
blessing!

So now, I want to encourage all of you to download a free updated
version of your web browser software. Just go to either the Internet
Explorer or Netscape home pages and download the latest version. It
is worth the time and effort, since newer web sites are designed for
the newer web browser software -

And I say a special thanks to all the software developers in the
world, for giving us such an exciting and dynamic experience on the
web...our world is really quite remarkable ;-)

More soon -

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3444  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index