forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3575  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Mon Jun 12, 2000  1:19 am
Subject:  Re: Writing The Neck

My guess would be position one, the hand stays in the same position, cup
face down, with hand moving up and down.
Any of the three hand positions shown would work in the translation. Take
your pick. I prefer to show one hand position wherever possible, feeling
that if one follows the movement arrow the hand will end up in its natural
position with the proper palm facing. Usually, unless the hand shape
changes entirely, I only show the beginning position, though I suppose
consensus sign-writing will use the end-position if contact is made.

  Message 3575  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index