forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3763  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Richar Tennant
Date:  Thu Jul 6, 2000  11:46 am
Subject:  Re: dictionary

writes:

<< I think it is good that you have the link to SignWriting. Are you involved
in the production of this book? While this isn't the "Webster's" approach,
it certainly goes a step further than mere glossing. I wonder if the
authors knew SW or would consider using SW as a supplement to their diagrams?

Just wondered, >>

The dictionary was published two years ago in an effort to have a sign
reference in which one can find a sign without knowing its meaning and
escaping the dependence on English. I, as author, considered SW but I'm
afraid Gallaudet is still ignorant of its importance.

Thanks for your input.

Richard

  Message 3763  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index