forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3790  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jul 9, 2000  4:24 pm
Subject:  Re: Offtopic response to Re: Two male lions

At 10:25 AM -0500 7/9/00, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>While Deaf Missions may not be a perfect organization (which organization
>is????), I believe they are serious about wanting to benefit the deaf
>community and for that I believe they should be applauded and not branded
>over this issue however important it may be to you or others. If you don't
>want their resources, fine. But don't label them over this, any more than
>you would want them to label you over it.
>Stuart

SignWriting List
July 9, 2000

Bringing the subject back to SignWriting (grin), as a totally neutral
writing system, SignWriting can be used to tranlsate any book into
written Sign Language.

So the Bible is only one of many religious works being written in
American Sign Language now...

I believe someone else is attempting a translation of another
religious book from the Jewish faith?

And years ago, there was a group from the Mormon church translating
their Book of Mormon into ASL, and they tried to use SignWriting for
the written part of their work....

And I hope that other important world literature will become
available someday, such as the Koran and writings related to eastern
religions....

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3790  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index