forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3796  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jul 10, 2000  2:33 pm
Subject:  Rotations again ;-))

At 9:05 AM -0400 7/9/00, Charles Butler wrote:
>Ah, now I get it. To be able to show both positions, with the end position
>actually being at the end of the arrow, you really do need both the top and
>bottom positions. Am I therefore to assume that the side arrow positions
>are not to be drawn with the beginning position but the END position? That
>would follow from the arrowhead needing to have the final position?

SignWriting List
July 10, 2000

Glad you are getting it, Charles. I knew you would in time ;-)

Here is a GIF showing your boat turning over in the first two signs.
The thumbs paint in the top quarter section of the circle. The first
example shows a finishing position, but the second example is ok
too...I like it because people don't need a lot of detail to read
Sign Language texts.

The third example shows the curves that are on the side-quarter of
the circle in space - it describes the side-quarter....once again,
you do not have to have the second position - if your goal is
accuracy that is fine to write it - but if your goal is reading signs
you already know - then the finishing position may not be necessary
;-)

Attachment
rotations9.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 3796  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index