forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3800  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Robin Homesley
Date:  Fri Jul 14, 2000  11:23 pm
Subject:  Re: SIGN WRITING

Lorraine,
Hi ! I'm getting ready to leave for vacation so I thought I'd better
respond fast. By documentation, I mean things I can show my administrators
to validate ordering instructional materials from SW. I plan to videotape
my profoundly deaf and mentally disabled student reading print vs. SW also,
but I am looking for everything I can for support. My school district is
big into teaching reading through phonetics with ALL students. The teacher
(for the deaf and HoH) before me had GREAT success with this method, and I
should be able to do the same (This is a long story that I neither want to
share or remember.). The teacher before me was hearing, and I am hard of
hearing. This does make a difference, but I believe that all children
learn differently, and I want to explore everything I can find. If I can
have success with a deaf, mentally disabled student using SW' then this
should be worthwhile to use with other students as well. I would appreciate
anything you have for me.
address: 44 Shadow Lane, Whispering Pines, NC 28327
Robin Homesley