forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3919  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Sep 10, 2000  10:45 pm
Subject:  Re: CI's (OFF TOPIC)

>From what I see of my students, the
>parents have no awareness of Deaf Culture. This is what I see from my own
>experience. I would like them to be more aware of every option before they
>make their choice. I apologize if I have been misunderstood. English is not
>my first language, so perhaps I wrote it down wrong.
>Smile
Nancy

SignWriting List
September 10, 2000

Hello Everyone, and Nancy -

Everyone's contribution to this "off-the-topic" issue, has been very
valuable. It is not necessary to apologize, Nancy. That is very
sensitive and caring of you to care how others feel, which is exactly
what the others were saying too...so I suspect all of us are in
agreement....that better education and kindness towards each other
are the key.

I can see how painful these "deafness-related" issues are...everyone
in the Deaf child's life....the parents, the counselors, the
teachers, the friends, the administrators....have to deal with
conflicting information. It is close to impossible for the parents to
grasp it all immediately.

And your English is excellent, Nancy...no problem there!

This morning Stefan called me from Germany, and we had a great
conversation on the voice phone. You are welcome to call me too, on
the TTY if you wish...For those frustrated at not hearing from me
more, that just might be a solution...the email piles up so high that
I never seem to get to all the messages....

I am resting right now, because I have an ongoing health problem, and
at the moment it has come back again...but seeing that I have nine
lives (or was it twelve?).....I will be bouncing back shortly. Don't
worry, nothing serious....;-)

A good solution to these "off the topic" issues to dive into learning
something about SignWriting...so I will start with facial expressions
and mouth movements - since the subject was brought up by Stefan!!

So smile everyone....we will be writing smiling faces shortly ;-)

Good Sunday -

  Message 3919  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index