forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4084  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Nov 1, 2000  5:09 pm
Subject:  Re: INSTRUCTION: Typing SW Fingerspelling

On 10/31/00, Dawn McReynolds wrote:
>Val, My Corel program keeps coming up when I try to download the
>fonts can you suggest anything that I'm doing wrong?
>Dawn

------------------------

SignWriting List
November 1, 2000

Hi Everyone & Dawn -
Did you know that everyone's computer works differently, and looks
different and acts differently?...The very nature of computers gives
you the flexibility to work as you wish, but it takes time to find
out how to do certain things...

And in Dawn's case, Dawn may have installed Corel...is it Corel Draw?
I do not know that program, but I can guess that maybe when you
installed it, Dawn, it automatically placed a "Corel Plug-In" in your
Internet Explorer program - the program you use to browse the
internet with is probably Internet Explorer or Netscape...and in both
cases, you can use Plug-Ins to divert programs directly to that
software, such as Corel.

So when you clicked on the Sutton US font for Windows up on our web
site because you wanted to download it....instead of downloading the
font as it was supposed to...Corel's plug-in software interrupted the
process and forced you to open Corel - that is my guess.

I had the same problem with the Adobe Acrobat Plug-In with Internet
Explorer. Everytime I try to download a .pdf file on the web, the
Plug-In would force the computer to open the Acrobat program and read
the file while I was still on the web...Although that is an
interesting feature, it did not download the file to my hard drive -
so I was frustrated by that Plug-In....some of these fancy features
in new software are not always welcome and you have to eliminate
anything you do not want to use on your computer, so you can work the
way you need to....

SO...there are several solutions...

1. Call the tech support for Corel and ask them what to do?
2. Read instructions online for Corel or Internet Explorer.
3. Try to "un-install" any plug-ins...
4. Try to download from ANOTHER computer....
5. Ask someone else to sit down at your computer to figure it out
6. If all else fails, I can send you the file as an attachment to
your private email address...but it would be a good idea for you to
try to download first, since it is a simple process...and you will
need the skill later...

You might also check your hard drive to see if the file actually
downloaded and was placed somewhere on your hard drive, and you just
didn't realize it...

Go under Find or Search and try to see if you can find the file -

Good luck with this, Dawn - and keep trying til you succeed!

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:

4085 Re: INSTRUCTION: Typing SW Fingerspelling Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  11/1/2000
4089 Re: INSTRUCTION: Typing SW Fingerspelling Valerie Sutton Wed  11/1/2000

  Message 4084  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index