forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4130  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Nov 8, 2000  4:57 pm
Subject:  Re: INSTRUCTION: Printer Setup SignWriter 4.3

Bill Reese wrote:
> [...]

It IS possible to send output of a DOS program to the Windows
Printer. I have a DOS program that does that. I just don't know how
it does it...Bill Reese <<<<

SignWriting List
November 8, 2000

SW List members and Bill!

Thanks Bill for these comments. As you know, Rich Gleaves, the
programmer of SW 1.0-4.3, has now created a SW 4.4 for us...which
includes some improvements in regards to printing...however I have
not released it yet because of a time crunch on other jobs. But
hopefully soon, SW 4.3 will be "out-of-date", and SW 4.4 will be our
current release.

No matter what, whether it be 4.3 or 4.4, it appears that if a person
restarts their computer "directly in MS-DOS", by-passing Windows
completely, you will have less problems running SW 4.3 in general,
which was designed for MS-DOS, before Windows existed.

As far as USB goes...that was a technological development that
developed much later, I believe, so it is very possible that in
MS-DOS, a USB interface is not possible?

Are you printing from SignWriter 4.3, Bill, using the USB interface?
If so, what were your settings in SignWriter 4.3?

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

  Message 4130  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index