forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4208  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Nov 15, 2000  3:33 pm
Subject:  Re: SignNet, Everyone, please look at this ;-))

On 11/15/00, joe martin wrote:
>If I understand this correctly, this is the right hand doing this, and the
>other five positions of the ten would be the same things done with the left
>hand. These other five would be mirror images....... joe, student.<<

SignWriting List
November 15, 2000

Hello SW List, and Joe!

Thanks for this excellent question. Yes, this diagram shows the right hand...

However, when I said 10 palm facings, I was showing (in this diagram)
the five positions parallel with the Wall. The other five for the
right hand are parallel with the Floor Plane - they have a little
space at the joints, as you know...but otherwise look the same as the
Wall Plane. So all ten would be one hand or the other....I just
didn't show the Floor Plane in this diagram, that's all....
Attachment
Five-Palms-2.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 4208  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index