forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4224  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Nov 16, 2000  12:37 am
Subject:  Thanks Bill and Charles and Everyone ;-)

SignWriting List
November 15, 2000

Thanks, Bill, for your diagrams. I appreciate your sharing that with
us. And thanks too, for Charles' comment.

I bet you can see, Bill, how darned complicated this all becomes -
actually your symbols are a little like the dots I was proposing - it
is isn't that different. We were on similar thought waves!

But then Charles pointed out another reality - even though the
handshapes with the complete fingers are annoying because sometimes
they don't look exactly like real life - people still read them
quicker because they can at least see the handshape very quickly with
all the fingers. After they see all the fingers, then they look at
the palm facing - so children do read the handshapes with the
complete fingers faster than the dots -

Thus, you can see our dilemma!

You know what I think? I think I became allergic to this subject! I
see nothing but dots and lines swirling in my head - and I say "Let's
write and not worry!" Agreed? smile

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:
https://www.SignWriting.org

  Message 4224  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index