forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4217  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Charles Butler
Date:  Mon Nov 13, 2000  9:55 am
Subject:  Re: SignNet, Everyone, please look at this ;-))

The problem I have with your stuff Bill is that it is not iconographic. It
is not a hand with fingers, even in shadows, but a box with some other thing
attached to it above. I don't see a hand, I see a blob. Valerie's position
of showing the fingers out to the left or to the right at least has all the
important fingers on a hand, not disconnected from it.

Charles Butler
> > For instance, in this last description here, for hand position 1 and 5,
> > since all the fingers seem to be pointing either away or towards you, I
> > got a visual of an oval representing all the fingers. This oval is
above
> > a square shape representing the hand. In position 1, both the square
and
> > oval are white. In position 5, both are black. The thumb would be
> > represented by a line touching the "fingers"

----

  Replies Author Date
4224 Thanks Bill and Charles and Everyone ;-) Valerie Sutton Thu  11/16/2000

  Message 4217  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index