forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4289  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Nov 30, 2000  7:38 pm
Subject:  Re: Spelling -question : angle -hands parallel to the floor

>Bill Reese wrote:
>
>> Ok, I'm going to jump in here like the naive signwriting person I am and
>> ask why we can't make that diagonal representation line diagonal.

--------------------------------

SignWriting List
November 30, 2000

Dear SignWriting List, and Bill -

Thanks for your suggestion!! I appreciate it...

The example you sent us looks like another diagonal plane...there are
several different diagonal planes, as you know. There is the
corner-corner diagonal, but there is also a diagonal plane that is
the sun rising or setting over the horizon. That is different than
the one you were writing, Bill.

Here is a GIF that shows that each one of these handshapes has at
least 8 possible rotations...and the Diagonal Plane examples in the
center are describing hands that are parallel with the
sun-rising-setting kind of horizon...not the corner to corner
diagonal plane ;-))
Attachment
planes.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 4289  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index