forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4290  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Fri Dec 1, 2000  12:48 pm
Subject:  Re: Spelling -question : angle -hands parallel to the floor

Ok, Val. Yes, I can visualize several different diagonal planes. I can imagine
just how hard it was to figure out what to do with that. I can see how my
picture could mean that the hand could be seen as diagonal to the x, y and z
axises. To attempt to make that simple... wow. Hats off to you, Val! :-)

Bill

Valerie Sutton wrote:

> >Bill Reese wrote:
> >
> >> Ok, I'm going to jump in here like the naive signwriting person I am and
> >> ask why we can't make that diagonal representation line diagonal.
>
> --------------------------------
>
> SignWriting List
> November 30, 2000
>
> Dear SignWriting List, and Bill -
>
> Thanks for your suggestion!! I appreciate it...
>
> The example you sent us looks like another diagonal plane...there are
> several different diagonal planes, as you know. There is the
> corner-corner diagonal, but there is also a diagonal plane that is
> the sun rising or setting over the horizon. That is different than
> the one you were writing, Bill.
>
> Here is a GIF that shows that each one of these handshapes has at
> least 8 possible rotations...and the Diagonal Plane examples in the
> center are describing hands that are parallel with the
> sun-rising-setting kind of horizon...not the corner to corner
> diagonal plane ;-))
>
> Name: planes.gif
> planes.gif Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
> Encoding: base64

  Replies Author Date
4293 Re: Spelling -question : angle -hands parallel t Valerie Sutton Sat  12/2/2000

  Message 4290  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index