forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4372  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Dec 30, 2000  2:36 pm
Subject:  Re: bmp by accident - excuse me

On 12/30/00, Stefan Woehrmann2 wrote:
>Dear friends,
>I apologize - I happend to attach a bmp -image in my last message.
>I didnīt know but felt sorry for you when I realized this morning
>that it is such large file! So - excuse me - I`ll try to be
>carefully next time >All the best
>Stefan ;-)

SignWriting List
December 30, 2000

Dear SW List and Stefan!

Thanks for your great message before, Stefan. I know you were writing
at 2:00 in the morning....I hope you are not overworking...but
knowing web design, and how much work it is, I bet you are....just
like me and half the world!

Anyway....The BMP format, as you know, cannot be read on the
SignWriting List Archives, because the Archives is a web site, and
web sites can only accept two formats: GIF and JPEG. The old BMP
format is only viewed on Windows computers.

So that means that because I am on a Macintosh, I never saw your
picture because it was BMP. So of course, I went to see it in the SW
List Archives, only to find that it was damaged there, and not
viewable.

So then I went to my HotMail account, and it was damaged there too,
because HotMail is on the web too!! HotMail requires JPEG or GIF too.

So could you send the photo again as a JPEG or a GIF? And perhaps you
can reduce the size of the photo so it does not take as much
memory....

Meanwhile, I just love your web site, Stefan!! Thanks so much for
sharing it with us ;-)))

And your work videotaping Deaf people signing sounds terrific!!

All the best -
--

Val ;->

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

To manage your SW List email:

for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4372  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index