forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4427  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Feb 5, 2001  6:04 pm
Subject:  QUESTION: What printer to use with SignWriter?

SignWriting List
February 5, 2001

QUESTION:

Dear Valerie,
We are about to buy a new printer. We want it to work with the
SignWriter program. What kind of printer should we get? We have
Windows 98 and a Pentium 3 processor. We would like a laser printer.
What do you reccomend? Thanks, Pastor Ron

ANSWER:

Hello Ron!
I am posting this answer to the SignWriting List, so others can learn too.

SignWriter works best with any printer that uses Postscript.

What is Postscript? It is software that works with your computer and printer.

Although most laser printers use Postscript, not all of them do....

So be sure to purchase a laser printer that uses Postscript.

It is great you are getting a laser printer ;-)

Val ;-)

PS. There are also some ink jet printers that can print
Postscript...but that is rare. Check before you buy...
--

Val ;->