forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4517  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Thu Mar 1, 2001  12:22 am
Subject:  Re: Question for you

Hi Neil,

don ±² hesitate - but do it !

I am convinced that reading and working with SW- signs will allow all of you
to get very quickly an impression about the hidden talents and skills.

I ±> working several times with students who hadn ±² had any reading or
writing skills before - but within a very very short time - they start to
smile- and all of us are soooo excitet . We can use our brains to read
!!!!!!

In the beginning I like to start with kind of memory games: 1 SW-symbol is
to be combined with a toy ----
clear structured symbols - easy to understand with a "gute Gestalt" I made
little cards, laminated them and put them on the table. In the first step I
introduce the pairs - even Gordian has got no problem to associate the
meaning of the SW- symbol card with the toy ...

have a look at the attachment .

All the best and keep us informed - please !!

Stefan ;-)

PS: SW is the most important invention in deaf education