forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4527  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Sun Mar 4, 2001  9:05 am
Subject:  Re: new posting https://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/documents/bildergeschichte.htm

Hi Valerie,
thanks for your comment.

Yes I agree - we are progressing to write more and more SW-literature for
our deaf students and that is good.
Just would like to make one tiny correction -

most of our written materials are created for the purpose to allow the deaf
students to achieve higher levels in literacy - reading and writing German
literature - so this is another piece of "signed German" but not German
Sign Language .

My students take advantage out of this in several areas: articulation,
meaning of words, grammar - and they develop more and more skills to write
and speak questions and answers.

I do write DGS - phrases as well - but as a hearing person I have to wait
for the "ok" of a competent deaf signer - and all of us are pretty busy ....

Well we are going to have to workshops here in Germany in May and June
(Learn to read SW and Learn to write SW) There are some deaf signers who
showed their interest for participation - so time will come that they
themselves will start to write their own texts in their own language written
in SW. We will post that of course as soon as the literature will be
available ;-)

All the best
Stefan ;-)