forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4583  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  SignNet-MCT-PUCRS
Date:  Mon Mar 19, 2001  4:07 pm
Subject:  Support from Stefan

Thank you, Stefan for your message from March, 10 th, sorry fou our delay...
Yes, we think that things may not be interpreted in a mathematical calculation way...if we refer linguistic, but when we describe movements in a kinaesthesic way yes we should do that and as a I'm trying to describe Valerie's notation in a way that not do allows any confusion is the reason to note 90 or 180 degrees rotation. Anyway in the future SW will have its standart form, now we are pioneers and we have a lot of work before us !
The matter is that we give classes to deaf adults and they...discuss, they don't accept any sign we write, they wanna know, why, how, if there's another way to write it, etc...we deal with  different age stage.
Still about rotations we ask Valerie if we could adapt a 90 degrees symbol to sideways forearm rotation cause it makes difference in some signs here. Something as:

"We know that Stefan's dream is to support Valerie in her idea to spread
SignWriting. To spread it in such a way that not too many different
constructions of signs are created. Admittedly there cannot be complete
uniformity, but we should be able to keep the differences to a minimum.
Stefan mentioned that one way of doing this, is to have a little seminar via
the List. We know that we have benefited greatly from the recent e-mail
chats we had with Stefan these last few days."

We agree tottaly !

SignNet (Brazil)

Attachment
attachment
Type: image/gif

attachment
Type: image/gif

attachment
Type: image/gif

attachment
Type: image/gif

  Message 4583  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index