forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4605  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  10:40 pm
Subject:  Re: waiting

Dear Valerie, Tini, Henk ...

He Tini - oh no, there is no reason at all to be "afraid to SW an other
poem in case my writing is wrong!!! I want to learn ! x 5 "

He - you are doing wonderfully - don ±² worry about anything. Let me share
one little episode -
When I started to learn SW there hasn ±² been any single written sign in
German SL (DGS) .
I did my best and tried to learn from anything I could find --

It's no wonder that I happened to write lots of signs I wouldn't spell the
same way today. Some signs are simply wrong! But nevertheless - I produced
my first phrases for my students - and they simply accepted my writing. This
is a tricky thing about SW.
So don't worry and hesitate - but write ! There is no problem in case all of
learn after a while that we would like to use a special symbol in another
way ;- )

It's the same with me - I love to learn and I love to improve my SW-reading
and writing skills !!
The most important aspect in my mind is that we should exchange our ideas
and interpretations - the SW-List can be such a wonderfull forum for all of
us -

Have a look at my comment on your message from March 19th

Stefan ;-)