forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4616  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Mar 25, 2001  3:18 pm
Subject:  German name sign for Ilker...

On 3/24/01, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
>The most important aspect in my mind is that we should exchange our
>ideas and interpretations - the SW-List can be such a wonderfull
>forum for all of us....

SignWriting List
March 25, 2001

Dear SW List members and Stefan!

Thank you, Stefan, for all your diligent teaching and writing of
SignWriting....your energy is absolutely amazing!

And you definitely are right that discussing the writing of signs is
helpful for all SW users.

Therefore, I would like to make a request....

Could you please post some questions regarding the writing of German signs?

ASL is Ok, but Americans and Canadians can do that. I am tired of
analyzing signs from the ASL dictionary, which were written by non-SW
List members seven years ago! Back in 1994 we were not on email - ha!

So if you could post questions specifically about writing YOUR
language...your German signs...that would be much more interesting
and more useful for your students too. And it will help the SW List
members. Some have complained that there is too much ASL, and not
enough of other signed languages, posted on the List.

So I, for one, am very interested in German signs.

Why not start with a name sign of one of your students which I saw on
your web site:

"Ich heiße Ilker"

Please post both the photo of Ilker and the writing of his name sign
in SW, to the SW List...I am interested in analyzing that sign....it
could literally create a new chapter in the Lessons in SignWriting
textbook ;-))
--

Val ;->