forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4608  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  PATSY VAN ANDEL
Date:  Sun Mar 25, 2001  12:58 pm

I showed a picture of a cat and the sign for cat to Miriam's mother. The difference between the Dutch cat and American cat was the position of the hands. In Dutch (NGT), the hands are at mouth level whereas it looks like they're at eye level in ASL. The great thing about sign writer is that the positions can be changed to conform with the language of the country. I have two graphics programs that I'm going to try to use with the SW and see what I can come up with. I have checked out books from the library and am going to experiment with NGT and signing stories for toddlers. We'll see what happens.

  Replies Author Date
4614 Re: cat or kat Henk Pel Sun  3/25/2001
4757 Re: cat or kat Valerie Sutton Sun  4/8/2001
4615 Re: Cat Neil Bauman Sun  3/25/2001

  Message 4608  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index