forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4614  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Henk Pel
Date:  Sun Mar 25, 2001  2:14 am
Subject:  Re: cat or kat

As far as I know the sign for "cat" in ASL is the  thumb and index finger of the "F" hand touching the face just below and to the side of the nose and the other fingers pointing upward, palm facing in. Then bring the hand outward with a repeated movement, indigating the long hairs of a cat's moustache. I always remember it as the "F" indicating the French word "feline", which means catlike
Henk