forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4830  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Thu Apr 19, 2001  9:43 am
Subject:  Sign-Symbol-Sequence

Hi Valerie and friends ,

browsing through the Lessons in SignWriting   Textbook and Workbook  for the nth  time - eh -
I found this on page 25 chapter 3 hands:

" There are ten groups of hand symbols. The hands are grouped according  to which fingers are used.

These ten groups are the beginning of the Sign-Symbol-Sequence TM , which  is the order of symbols used to look up  signs in SignWriting (R)  dictionaries. " (...)

Just a short question :

I know that you have been working on a data-bank like this -

Is there any possibility that I can search for a sign within my German dictionary ? I can look for a sign if I type the German word - ok,

But can I search the other way round ? Can I search for the meaning of a given sign that should be already recorded in my dictionary ?

I guess that in the future - when this idea with the special data-bank  "Sign-Symbol-Sequence"  will be filled with many, many signs - this procedure should be possible ?

But right now - hmm - right now I can only look for a sign if I type the word of the spoken language is that correct ?

(Donīt want to interrupt your important activities behind the scenes - so if  Iīm right - a short - very short comment would be enough - eh !

Stefan ;-)

  Message 4830  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index