forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4927  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon May 7, 2001  8:51 pm
Subject:  Re: Culture around the World

>About Deaf: here in Brazil deaf people from the SignNet Project are
>translating popular Brazilian legends, one is ready, "O Boto" ( a
>dolphin from Amazonia who, supposedly, at night become a handsome
>man and seduce innocent girls). And more are being prepared. It was
>a healthly reaction. They accept what still are published, but they
>think it's time to show what Sign Writing can do to preserve our
>Brazilian culture to our native deaf.
>Cris (supposed to be in vacations from SignNet Project, but I
>couldn't resist :-)

SignWriting List
May 7, 2001

Hello Cris, and vacationing SignNet!

This new literature sounds wonderful...imagine a dolphin becoming a
handsome man..that sounds like a great story in Brazilian Sign
Language ;-)

And thank you for writing more Brazilian deaf literature. We are in
need of a better cataloging and web posting system for all this new
SignWriting literature from Nicaragua, Brazil....and other countries
soon...so I am trying to design some new ideas...It would be great to
have a more sophisticated library-search engine online...

And while I remember, thank you, Jerry and Ron, for the BibleSite
with so many Bible verses written in SignWriting ...Today I received
a call from a church in south Florida....and I referred them to the
BibleSite...
--

Val ;->