forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5040  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Jun 3, 2001  2:49 pm
Subject:  Re: SW seminar

Cecilia Flood wrote:
>We have one student relocating as well from NM to Colorado...maybe
>that's just how SignWriting will spread...the young SignWriting
>learners will be the couriers of the new literacy for DHH kids!

SignWriting List
June 3, 2001

Nice to hear from you, Cecilia!

Recently, I have had several people ask me about the "philosophy of
SignWriting" and I try to explain that a writing system is not a
"philosophy"...that historically writing systems spread slowly
through usage...and are not a "theory" of education. Writing systems
are more "tools to assist in education", rather than the education
itself....

What city in Colorado? There are a few teachers in Colorado who have
expressed interest in SignWriting in the past...
--

Val ;->