forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5298  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jul 25, 2001  1:24 pm
Subject:  Re: Colombian Fingerspelling Letter "P"

Hector wrote:
>The thumb finger it is not important for this handshape, it can be out. A
>deaf say me it is similar to "N" and later watching other, they finger
>spelling similar to Colombian "N" but the middle finger is bent, not
>necessary on the index finger. Other options -- I feel -- are hard to read,
>it don't touch my eye. Please see the attachment.

SignWriting List
July 25, 2001

Hello Hector -
Thanks for this message. Of course, writing by hand, or "constructing
handshapes" in SignWriter 4.4, can make it possible to write all the
variations of hands you mentioned in your message.

But the Fingerspelling Keyboard in SignWriter 4.4 limits me to a
limited number of possible choices. For the Fingerspelling Keyboard,
I can choose one of these three for the Colombian "P", rotated at any
angle you choose...So you will have to write it for me, the way you
want the P, using one of these three symbols:

Attachment
R-&-P-Handshapes.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5298  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index