forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5547  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Wed Aug 22, 2001  3:03 pm
Subject:  Re: Printing Problems Update

See comments below ...

At 09:56 08/22/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else been successful on a regular basis with using formats
> > 4 and 5? Maybe I don't have something set right? Any feedback? I
> > also updated my copy of Ghostscript/Ghostview to the most current
> > versions and still have problems reading the Postscript output for
> > formats 4 and 5 for the one document. Funny thing is that it worked
> > for two other documents but not this one document. Can't figure it
> > out.
>
> Hm. So what kinds of problems do you get trying to read the
>document in Ghostview? Do you have the same problems if you convert the
>PS file to .pdf and then open it in Acrobat?

At first, I was using the Postscript feature and running through Ghostview
to create a PDF file. That worked well for 2 of the files, but the 3rd
file it seemed that an error cropped up toward the end of the file so that
page 2 was ignored. The problem persisted whether I used a Postscript
printer or Ghostview. So, I tried to do it with HP, but apparently it
won't print any columns past column 1 in formats 4 and 5.

Interestingly enough, there doesn't seem to be much of a problem when
printing the original horizontally formatted document. It is the
Columnmaker 1.0 vertically formatted document which is having problems
print. Also, the larger print seems to work fine, but formats 4 and 5 do not.

> In other words, I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with
>the Postscript conversion, or the printing.
>
> Can you post the document in .sgn, .ps and .pdf formats? Or send
>them to me privately if you don't think the other people on the list are
>interested?

I sent a zip file to Valerie with my output in sgn, ps, and pdf. I will
send the same file to you and maybe you can find something out.

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Message 5547  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index