forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5651  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Sep 20, 2001  4:16 am
Subject:  Question from Deaf student Irina....

SignWriting List
September 19, 2001

Dear SW List:
I wanted to share this interesting message with you. Stefan sent this
to me, about his Deaf student Irina, age 9. She had asked me if I had
seen the skyscraper in New York fall down? As you all know, I
answered in a general way....Yes...but people are helping and so
forth...

------

Stefan wrote today:
>> We went to our Computer-room and looked at your website ... The
>>children loved to see their pictures on your website and they
>>realized that all people from the world who can get into the
>>internet will get the opportunity to watch their drawings.

Well I translated and signed you wonderful written letter . Irina
looked at me very concentrated. In the end - and I was surprised
about her way of thinking - she simply
asked - "ok - but - Has Frau Valerie seen the tower falling down ??" --

I looked again at your answer and learned something about Irina. She
really has been interested to know the following - are you - the
reader of her letter - the informed person about this tragedy ?? Is
she correct to exchange with you some of her actual ideas - which
needs a common experience? --

That is impressive to me - little deaf girl - so bright , so
comunicative competent -

Thanks again to take Irinas letter as seriously as she has meant it !
I am very gratefull for that !!

Stefan ;-)

  Message 5651  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index