forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5840  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Fri Nov 2, 2001  11:40 pm
Subject:  Signwriting Presentation at St. Petersburg College

Val et al.

I would like to report on the successful presentation of SignWriting at
St. Petersburg College in Clearwater, Florida.

I had been invited to make this presentation during their disAbility
Awareness event this past Monday, Oct. 29, 2001.

During this half-hour introduction presentation, I was able to do the
following:

1. Show them the beginning of the SignWriting website,
2. Hand out the brochures of the children's writings on the WTC tragedy
3. Accompany that handout with CD's of the SignWriting website
4. Give an bare overview of SignWriting: it's origins, it's current
scope, it's hopes.
5. Write a few examples of SignWriting and engage the audience into
guessing what signs they represented.
6. Provide a question and answer period.

Thanks Val for the 10 brochures. I made 10 more and they were just
enough. I also handed out 20 CD's.

The hall was modestly attended but it was a perfect audience. There was
engagement, a real curiosity, some limit knowledge beforehand, a good
question and answer session. I was thanked by a few of the audience and
there was some enthusiasm from a couple of the deaf students.

Bill Reese

  Replies Author Date
5841 Re: Signwriting Presentation at St. Petersburg Co Valerie Sutton Sat  11/3/2001

  Message 5840  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index