forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5854  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  10:44 pm
Subject:  Re: Seeking information

Regina wrote:
>Is there a compilation anywhere that would tell me how many American states
>and other countries have groups currently using SW? I would like to include
>that list in my research project. Also helpful would be any statistics on
>the increase in SW use.

SignWriting List
November 6, 2001

Hello Everyone...and Regina!

Thanks for this message, and welcome to the SignWriting List, Regina.
There are SignWriting projects in 27 countries now. Some countries
are more active than others. Not all my web pages are up-to-date.
Spain, for example, has a huge project, and I never got to completing
their web pages - same with Colombia and other countries...but some
of the more detailed web articles are about Nicaragua, Brazil,
Germany, Norway and New Mexico... to name a few:

Pages for you to visit on the web:

Who Uses SignWriting? Directory

SignWriting In Brazil

SignWriting In Canada

SignWriting In Denmark

SignWriting In France

SignWriting In Germany

SignWriting In Ireland

SignWriting In Italy

SignWriting In Mexico

SignWriting In Nicaragua

SignWriting In Norway

SignWriting In Peru

SignWriting In South Africa

SignWriting In Spain

SignWriting In the UK

SignWriting In the USA

Hope this helps!!

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

Read & Write Sign Languages

Sign Language Dictionaries

Read & Write Dance

Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Replies Author Date
5857 Re: Seeking information Regina Brooks Wed  11/7/2001

  Message 5854  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index