forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5863  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Steve and Dianne Parkhurst
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  7:38 pm
Subject:  Re: Diagonal-Sagittal Hands

Valerie and list,

Attached here is a bitmap with my suggestion for diagonal-sagittal hands.

To me, the line across the hands represents the part of the hand that is
tilted toward the horizon. I suggest that the line be placed toward the
fingers if the fingers are the part that is farthest from the body (closest
to the horizon). If we move the line closer to the base of the hand it would
signify that the base is farthest from the body.

Personally this notation really only has value to me as a linguist, not as a
story writer. This notation is very confusing so I don't think it is worth
including in normal written texts. I've always found that textual context is
sufficient to clear up any doubt that might arise from the lack of this hand
rotation.

So, for what it's worth, here is my bitmap.

Steve
:-)

Attachment
steve-rotation.bmp
Type: image/bmp

5865 Re: Diagonal-Sagittal Hands Valerie Sutton Thu  11/8/2001
5879 Re: Diagonal-Sagittal Hands Stefan Woehrmann2 Fri  11/9/2001

  Message 5863  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index