forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5870  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  10:51 pm
Subject:  Re: Spain and Germany

Steve,

Wow! Maybe you have mentioned this before (but I can't remember). How do
you get such clear symbols? Do you just "draw" them one by one? Do you
have a saved set of symbols you draw upon to make these? I'm just
technically curious.

Thanks,

Stuart

At 20:37 11/08/2001 +0100, you wrote:

>Also, as you may know, we use brackets here to represent when whole phrases
>use the same facial expression. So rather than have to read a head shaking
>over every sign in the whole phrase, we put a beginning bracket with the
>head shaking and then a close bracket at the end. Cognitively this is a bit
>more accurate anyway--negation is often an element of the phrase, not the
>individual sign. I'll attach here part of a text with some examples in
>Spanish SL.

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Replies Author Date
5893 Re: Spain and Germany Steve and Dianne Parkhurst Tue  11/13/2001
5900 Re: Spain and Germany Henk Pel Thu  11/15/2001

  Message 5870  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index