forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6020  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Dec 7, 2001  4:28 pm
Subject:  "Biblioteca de Signos"

SignWriting List
December 7, 2001

Dear SignWriting List Members:
I just received this information from Spain. It is a beautiful new
web site. Notice they use the term "Signos".... Val ;-)

--------------------

From: "Biblioteca de Signos"

Subject: Online Spanish Sign Language Library
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001

Dear friend,

We are contacting you to inform you that on September 13th, 2001, we
opened the Online Spanish Sign Language Library. We hope you like
this new website.

This project is aimed at people interested in Spanish Sign Language;
and specially, at its main users, Deaf people. It is divided into six
different sections: Literature, Linguistics, researchers forum, Deaf
culture and community, bilingual-bicultural education and didactic
materials. Each section contains different publications related to
the above mentioned areas. Moreover, in this web you will also find
an innovation, since every publication includes a summary in Spanish
sign language.

People working at the Online library are Deaf and hearing experts in
Spanish Sign Language. They work together so that texts can be better
understood by its potential readers, this is the reason that every
text includes a selection of difficult expressions in Spanish which
are translated/explained in sign language.

We have the pleasure invite you to find out more things about this
website at the URL:

Biblioteca de Signos
https://www.cervantesvirtual.com/portal/signos/

We hope you enjoy the Online Spanish Sign LanguageLibrary.

Rubén Nogueira Fos,
the website´s coordinator

Ángel Herrero Blanco
Irma María Muñoz Baell
Online Spanish Sign Language Library directors

  Message 6020  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index