forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6143  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Jan 3, 2002  4:41 pm
Subject:  Re: STICK FIGURES: Typing

>>Stefan wrote: I was curious wether these symbols might be usefull
>>for creating an animated dance-movement - gif ....But ...The "stick
>>figure pieces" are not included - at least in the German SW 4.4
>>version. I am not in need of them right now - but just curious -
>>can I download another "country - keyboard that shows these
>>symbols ". Which country-code SW version does include them -

SignWriting List
January 3, 2002

Ha! You are right. The German version of SignWriter 4.4 is missing
the special key with stick figures right now. I had not realized
that, so thanks for pointing that out to me. Long ago, I was making
other corrections for you, on the German keyboard, Stefan, and then I
forgot to put the stick figures back in. So that key is blank at the
moment...but only for one or two countries.

The US version, the Spain version, the Norway version, and others,
all have the stick figure key. So switch to those other countries. Or
download their version on the web.

Regarding animation, you are the most skilled at DanceWriting and
SignWriting animation. We do not have any software or files for that.
You will need to prepare those on your own, as you are doing anyway...

The only DanceWriting animation we have is from 1977. There were no
personal computers at that time, so it was written by hand with ink
pens, and then placed on reel-to-reel film. I have recently
transferred the reel-to-reel film onto a video, and I hope to create
a QuickTime of it, to show people the history of DanceWriting on the
web.

Best of luck with your animation!

___________________________

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Message 6143  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index