forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6597  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Thu Mar 21, 2002  10:32 pm
Subject:  Re: Sign-To-Spoken Language Translations

And then, On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> Please forgive if I have somehow upset you. We are in complete agreement!

I'm not in complete agreement with either of you. :-) As an
accredited translator (French-English), I can state with some confidence
that translation is not exact. I think that the sign interpreters on this
list will agree with me about translation between sign languages and
spoken languages. Maybe even complete agreement?

-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department
University of New Mexico

  Replies Author Date
6598 Re: Sign-To-Spoken Language Translations Valerie Sutton Thu  3/21/2002

  Message 6597  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index