forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6757  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  8:42 pm
Subject:  Re: exporting columnized sgn to bmp

part two of the message - columnized as a separate little file
Stefan ;-)

---------

SignWriting List
April 9, 2002

I am so happy to know ColumnMaker is working for someone - ha! Thanks
for the information, Stefan...

Steve Parkhurst gave me a gift of his wonderful new mystery novel
written in Spanish Sign Language (Madrid), in SignWriting. It is a
140 page book purely in SignWriting with no spoken language. It was
typed and printed with SignWriter DOS (4.4)...With a good laser
printer, Steve and Dianne create a beautiful book - I was amazed at
the quality...so there are still good experiences with SignWriter in
DOS, after all these yearss...

Because of this, I know the SignWriter DOS program will continue to
be used, even when a SignWriter Mac and SignWriter Windows is ready
(java) someday. There will always be people who have older computers
who will prefer the DOS version...